Mean Streets MAD
A gathering of things Ed is doing.
- Unless Ed knows why someone is seeking him, he tries to avoid acknowledging that he is indeed Ed until necessary. This was originally developed as a defensive time-buying technique to hold off debt collectors and such. Now the tactic is still a defensive mechanism of habit. If someone is asking for help and appears to be looking for his PI persona, he’ll usually take pity and engage them in conversation.
- After the Ed(‘) visit, Ed installs an alarm system on his office. Configured to start video when motion is detected or the office doors (outer & inner) are opened. Sends message to a cell number to alert Ed, doesn’t call the police. Time is spent to locate the cameras carefully so even an expert would be challenged. Plus a few decoys, including at least one obvious one in the outer office.
- Weekly activities:
- Contact with half-sister Kimberly Cummings — coffee, lunch, phone call, email or somesuch depending on schedules and locations
- Rotating check-in with various contacts and locations around Crescent City (maintaining Streetwise, contacts, etc.)
- Practicing base jumping and hang-gliding — also recently started experimenting with a flying suit (picture)
- Walking tour of scenic areas of Crescent City, like the park, enjoying the sights and taking pictures for fun
- Raymond Bergerman, lawyer in Ed’s building, has a profile on Ed’s family. Ed is paying attention to Bergerman’s activities, trying to determine whether he is a threat, and to keep him not worse than neutral with respect to Ed and family.
- New articles or activities of note by Katherine Herald. Ed doesn’t yet know of Gil & Katherine’s late night “date.” This might promote Katherine from “casual resource” to “interesting contact.”